Monday, March 26, 2012

UPDATE March 2012

As the months fly past, I am still thinking about this proposed  project.
Here is the outline that I am currently sending to people who are interested.
One idea not listed here is that of inverting the idea, and bringing the ZAN people to Ireland, instead of me going to the States to meet them. Too early at this stage to be definite about anything.
I've spoken to the Director of Bealtaine Festival, and he has put me in touch with a journalist who may a useful resource.

Project Title: 
ZAN people - Did they know?

Project Origins:
In 2007, Irish artist Gerard Byrne showed a video piece entitled *ZAN-*T185 r.1: (Interview) v.1, no. 4 - v.2, no. 6 ... no. 21 - v.3, no. 9 in which he had actors re-enact interviews with minor celebrities in the 1970's. I asked Gerard did the original interviewees know their words were being heard by people from all over the world at the Venice Biennale. Gerard said he had no idea.
I decided I would like to find out, and that is what this project is about.

Project Description:
A black and white video investigation, of what will happen when I seek to find these people and, if I find them, how will they answer my question.
The main focus of the project will be on the process of the search. If I get to meet the people or their relatives, that will be a bonus.
***
The six people I am hoping to trace are as follows:

ZAN PEOPLE INFORMATION at Jan 12 2012
Name
Born/Died
INFO
KEITH Ian CARRADINE
Aug 8 1949, San Mateo, California
Actor film, TV,
SACHEEN LITTLEFEATHER (Maria Cruz)
Jan 30 1947, Salinas, California
Actress, Activist, leader of Kateri Prayer Circle San Francisco 2010
JOHN Franklin (DAVID) CARSON
March 6 1952, Nth Hollywood
Died Oct 27 2009, Las Vegas
Actor
ANGELEEN GALLIANO
May have died 2009
Model, horsewoman
DINA MERRILL (Nedenia Marjorie Hutton – Deenie)
Oct 29 1923 New York
Actor
DEIRDRE FLYNN
Jan 10 1945, Mexico City
Costume Designer, Stunts, Actress

I realize that some of these individuals may no longer be listed by their Union or professional organization,  especially if they are no longer seeking work, have retired, or have died. If that is the case, their last known details would give me a place to begin my searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment